Monday, February 4, 2008

I've been played!



This morning, I found Sunshine squatting over our shoes. I picked her up and brought her into the bathroom. I found that Eleanor had just gone pee so I cleaned it out and coaxed Sunshine to go potty. She finally went #2. I was cleaned her #2 out of the RP and found her squatting on our shoes again. I brought her back to the bathroom and filled more litter in the RP and found her squatting on top of the empty bag of litter. And by squatting I mean she is just squatting but nothing is coming out YET.

Friday night she had a diarrhea episode. She went a soft #2 & then kept squatting with tiny squirts of clear liquid. When this was happening she couldn't stay on the toilet seat and would just squat where she ended up so I got another roast pan and filled it with old non-flushable litter and gave her some fur ball medicine and eventually it passed. I put the alternative litter pan in the closet to save in case another episode happened.

So today when she kept having more squatting issues I thought maybe she had another bout of diarrhea so I gave her the litter pan and she went but it was #1. I forgot that she usually goes #2 and then #1 right after each other. Boy did I feel stupid. She so played me.

On Sat I replaced the cardboard litter dam because it was getting gross with one made out of a milk container. I also replaced all of the litter. I even started clicker training this weekend.

Here's a picture of the milk container litter dam.

3 comments:

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

Hi Shelly,

Thanks for the comment of your on my bloggy, it was great. The Mamaw made a great toilet seat yes she did. I like your pics of Sunshine, she is the pretty of cats. I personally am scared of the snow and do not like to be outside. We will add your blog and read it with the news. :)

Veronica (and Figaro and Anya are sitting here watching me type and everytime I type I get a click and treat because I am the clicker trained!) ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I'm catching up on everyone's blogs now that I'm back in the country.

I can feel your frustration. I think it's normal to get to the point when you say "why did I choose to do this again?"

But the kitties just need time to adjust to the changes. They will find their footing. I found it most helpful with Chanel to position her BEFORE she starting 'going'. I think it helped a little. But who knows what will happen when I move the the next stage....

I'll keep checking in.

DnS
http://tctraining.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

poor sunshine was sick... she's probably not feeling 100% yet. i'm sure she didn't mean to make you mad. hang in there! tomorrow will be better.

go sunshine! go eleanor!

sending good TT vibes,
jenny & hello

 
template by suckmylolly.com