Monday, February 25, 2008

I love the new setup!

Yesterday, I was cleaning up the old setup with the triangle shaped milk container & I noticed something gross. Their pee was seeping underneath the dam and staying inside the duct tape underneath. YUCK! I later found two pee stains on the computer room carpet (luckily we plan on taking out that carpet in the future). I think it may have been Eleanor. I don't blame her for going pee on the rug. I found out how nasty their old setup was when I pulled apart all the duct tape holding it together. It stank so bad! EEEWWHH

So I was forced to create their next setup.
#1 - find something to reinforce the RP bottom.
#2 - find something for new litter dam
I use things from around the house.
So I cut out a piece of hard plastic from an old litter box lid.

Again, something from around the house. Litter dam = soda container

If using a RP - you MUST reinforce! Notice my rulers & hard plastic.

Bottom side all duct taped & ready to go.

New setup on the T.

New setup with lid down
So far the new setup is a hit. Yesterday one of the kitties used it for #1. I don't know which one but the water was yellow! Last night & this morning Sunshine used it to go #2. Eleanor just used it for #2 & hers even went straight into the water.

4 comments:

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

Hi!
You are pretty creative. I know what you mean about grossness, I was taking apart my dam and had some grossness too last week - the duct tape had lifted in spots and the Swheat Scoop litter was forced into the holes, and it MOLDED in there, eww. :( I had to do a lot of cleaning
& replace the dam

anya (&Veronica)

Anonymous said...

wow, is that whole back part of the RP exposed to the water below? i am impressed you guys are doing great.

jenny & hello

Lia said...

What a great setup! It's nice to see someone else building their own. The shape looks similar to the one I am using. We also had to reinforce the bottom of our foil roasting pan.
Most other trainers I read about seem to use a hole in the center of the pan rather than at the back, so I'll be very interested in reading about your cats' successes using your rig. (My cats hated a central hole.)
My cats haven't yet evacuated over water, but they are using the setup mostly without error. Is it okay if I link to your blog from mine?

Lia said...

Wow, was last night the first time one of your cats voided right into the water? That seems like a huge step to me! And it encourages me; my cats are two or three weeks behind yours in training, and I'd love to see some evacuation over water in a couple of weeks.

 
template by suckmylolly.com