I've found that Sunshine has been having pee issues & this starting happening BEFORE my newest setup. I found the two pee spots in the computer room on the carpet when the old yucky setup was being used (maybe last sat or sun). I cleaned them up and put their cardboard scratcher over the spot. Monday morning I had the brand new setup but Sunshine ended up peeing on top of the cardboard scratcher in the same spot. I cleaned the area again & threw out the cardboard scratcher. I put a rectangular storage container that I keep their treats in over the no-no spot and this has worked. However, this morning Sunshine went #2 in the setup and then later I heard scratching in the bathroom and found that she reached my towel hanging from the wall and pulled it down and peed on MY towel! Oh MY! I brought her over to the T even though she didn't need to go anymore & threw my towel in the tub and cleaned up the floor.
I'll have to watch Sunshine like a hawk from now on.
On a positive note, the new setup is SO easy to clean. Even when Eleanor scratches out almost all the litter & goes #2, I scoop out what I can to flush and slide the usable litter onto a newspaper & then clean out the RP and put the old litter back & throw in a scoop of new litter. Presto!
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
#1 issues with Sunshine
Posted by
Shelly
at
7:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hello!
Thanks for your compliment on my bloggy, we worked really hard on it over the weekend even though we were supposed to be doing other, useful work :)
I know the feeling about #1s. Figaro did the #1 for no reason on the carpet in our library den room three times in different spots! Now we just close the door to all the peripheral rooms and he is only allowed in the living room and kitchen, and in the bedrooms and den with supervision by my mom or dad. We have no idea why he suddenly decided to do this kinds of things, we had to go back WAYY many steps until now he is using the toilet again with no hole. I think sunshine knows she is not allowed to go on the carpet, that's why she did it in another room when you weren't looking. :-/
-Veronica
hey shelly- i have no idea why sunshine is having problems with #1s. most cats protest with #2s, right? but hello never has either. when she rebelled when i was out of town, it was with #1s. the bathtub and sink always have water in them now and i sometimes see her thinking about either of those locations, but then she gives up after she sees the water. is there anyway to make the hole in the back a little smaller until she is behaving again?
jenny & hello
Hi Shelly.
Wow, your set-up is beautiful! Nice job!
Is there anyway you can go back to the hole size when both cats were doing well? When I compare the two pictures, the new set up hole is bigger than the old set up. I wouldn't go larger until they are both using the set up 100%--which is not happening. Also, you said the peeing on the carpet happened before the new set up, right? so it's hard to know if it was the condition of the old set up or the hole size in the old set up that sent her to the carpet. Either way, I think you need to go back to a smaller hole. Sorry.... :(
When training 2 cats, the slower one dictates how fast you should progress.
DnS
hope all is well with you and the kitties...
give us an update when you can.
Z
ditto what dns said. it's been a week since you last blogged and i'd love an update.
jenny
Post a Comment