Monday, February 18, 2008

still chugging along

Things are going well. No changes to the setup. Still using the milk container for my litter dam which is working well because it's easy to clean. I also like that it has a triangle shape. I began feeding their moist food at night before I go to bed. This ensures that if they don't go potty during the night time then they will when I wake up. Sometimes I don't catch them but when I see they've used the potty I'll give them a "treat" anyway which is just some Iams regular kibble. I praise & treat even though I don't know for certain which one it is. However, I am getting good at telling the difference. For example, Eleanor has to dig...dig...dig so there's usually lots of litter down the T if she used it. Eleanor also has a more chunky #2 that she covers. Whereas Sunshine's is smaller and wetter & she usually doesn't cover it. I figure that the "treat" won't hurt and will just make them happier to be around the T. There are also times that wipes just aren't enough for cleaning up & you can't flush them anyway. So I've been using and old tooth brush for any real yucky cleanups on the dam. I even have a tiny spray bottle that I've filled with rubbing alcohol that comes in handy when cleaning the seat.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

the setup and dam seem terrible to clean up. i'm sick of clean up too, but today when hello was going #2, i repositioned her feet and it all fell into the toilet. AWESOME! i think it is great you can tell just by looking at poo which cat it came out of. well, they furkids sound like they are doing great! and there is never harm in extra treats.

jenny & hello

 
template by suckmylolly.com