Saturday, January 26, 2008

4" hole as of yesterday morning

Here's some pics of the new litter dam. I used a huge 4" wide cardboard tube that we had lying around. I had to use a hack saw to cut through it & then lots of duct tape to attach to RP.


Here's my first attempt at a video below with our new fancy Kodak EasyShare Z812 IS. Does your cat do this? Eleanor makes these "fake attempts" at trying to go potty. She jumps up scratches around and sometimes even tries to get in position and then jumps down without going. She'll go do something else and come back later & do it all over again. Eventually she will go but boy is she a weird one!


Earlier today, Eleanor went #2 but didn't position herself properly. She ended up going #2 with her behind over the side of the toilet seat. It landed on the seat and rolled onto the floor. YUCK! Luckily I was there and as soon as I saw what was happening I was able to reposition her. I really need to work on her positioning. Afterwards I put her on the toilet and put her in position and praised her verbally with 'good kitties'. I did this about 3 times. I doubt she got it though. I'll have to watch her like a hawk for now. Sunshine on the other hand is doing great! She's got positioning down and is fine going potty. She doesn't do fake attempts like Eleanor... she does the real deal. I'm really want to try clicker training.

Oh yes, today I noticed the toilet flushing VERY slowly. Not good since we have a septic system. Anyway I used the plunger and it's back to normal for now. SWEAT flushable litter does say that it's safe for septic systems.

1 comments:

neverfull said...

hi shelly-
i bought my clicker for $1.49 at petsmart. they are at the checkout counter at my local store. you can also buy them at clickertraining.com. clicker training is really fun and rewarding. checkout the yahoo group and read over those files before you start. let me know if you have any questions. i'd be glad to help!

jenny & hello
http://www.freewebs.com/myhellokitten

 
template by suckmylolly.com