Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Still going good!

Well it's now two days since my last post. Things are still going good. Eleanor is my treat hound and she's really smart about scheming for treats. On Monday, I heard noise coming from the bathroom so I went in there to investigate. When I got in the bathroom I didn't see anything but I still heard the noise. I opened the door under the sink and there's Eleanor. The noise was her trying to open the treat canister which she did manage. What a sneak! She also does it with catnip, dog food or cat food. There are teeth marks all around my catnip canister. Because of Eleanor all cat food, dog food and catnip needs to be away from her cat teeth. The dog's food is kept in it's own trash can.

Yesterday, I caught Eleanor doing #2 and she has all 4 legs in the litter and her butt was over the toilet seat. I didn't want to scare her so I didn't try moving her right away. When she started to go I was able to move her feet on the toilet seat. I gave her lots of praise & treats of course. I've now switched the treats to regular cat food. If you ever go to the pet store there's a sample section and my cats just think it's treats. I love it.. free 'treats' ! Most of her poo made it in the litter. Clean up wasn't that bad.

I'm having company over this weekend and next weekend. So I made a little bathroom sign. I modified it from an existing one that was out there (additional information about this poem as of March 13 2008--the original poem was created by Jo http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/CatsT-Training/files/Humor%20/ and I have decided to remove the poem below as I did not ask permission).

I wonder what my in-laws and grandparents will think. Haha! My in-laws have around 7 cats. They will need to share the toilet with my cats. I only have one bathroom in our little 3 BR ranch. I'm going to clean their roast pan today. I was thinking of putting the good litter in a bag so I can reuse it. That SWHEAT litter ain't cheap! I think I'll try bleach to clean the RP. It doesn't look dirty but the cats have been smelling it a lot lately.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelly!!

Thanks for the message on my blog. It's nice to see similar blogs out there. In fact, I'll put a link of your blog on mine!
(http://tctraining.blogspot.com/ for anyone else out there who's interested)

It's good to see another person's live experiences with this project we've undertaken. I'll check in again on Sunshine and Eleanor. How old are they?

Can't wait to see some pics!

DnS

Anonymous said...

Glad to have inspired you about a potty poem for the visitors. JO

Shelly said...

Hi Jo,
I'm sorry for using your poem and not asking permission. I found it under the files section of the Yahoo TT Cat Group. This is my first blog I ever created and I wasn't aware of proper blog etiquette at the time of this entry. I'll modify the section to include where the poem originated & remove the poem.

Shelly

 
template by suckmylolly.com