I've been putting off creating a hole in the roast pan because of Christmas. I had my in-laws over and didn't want any mishaps. Everything went great. My mother-in-law & sis-in-law even got to see the kitties use the toilet. They thought it was cool. One tip I wanted to share with you is the blinking trick. In the cat world, it is rude to stare at a cat. There's a trick though and it is to blink slowly. When I am staring at my cats I will blink at them. This means in kitty speak "I know I'm staring but it's not in a rude way". Usually your cat will blink back or look away. Sunshine blinks back all the time. Eleanor doesn't seem to care. But I do practice the blinking technique and I think it's helpful in TT because when I am watching them go potty I can blink at them to let them know "Not being rude just friendly". I think it makes them more comfortable.
Here's a couple of things that I've noticed. When I watch them go potty I coerce them down with treats when they're finished and they don't have a chance to scratch because I dump it into the toilet. However, when I'm not around they get into a scratching frenzy and I've noticed later that they scratched their own poo and they get it all over the seat. Yuck! Sometimes they even fling it on the wall. Double Yuck! Easy enough to clean up with wipes but still a pain just the same. Hopefully they get past that stage. Eleanor is also sometimes gets her #2 on the edge of the seat. She has started to put two paws on the seat but most times all 4 paws are in the litter.
Sunshine is still my #1 student! She always has 3 or 4 paws on the seat. :)
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Phew.. got through Christmas
Posted by
Shelly
at
7:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment